Vision and Aims
At John Chilton School, we strive for the development of confident, motivated and independent learners in an inspiring, empowering and nurturing environment; supported by communication and engagement between home, school and partnerships with the wider community.
We aim for our pupils to:
- Leave the school with the skills, abilities, potential and confidence to meet the challenge of adult life in a fast changing world, including where to get help;
- Increase their awareness of mental health and emotional well-being, to be in control of their lives and be able to self-regulate;
- Gain independence skills including, travel, community and cooking skills wherever possible;
- Understand and cope with the emotional stresses often associated with disability and be armed with the skills, knowledge and attitude to take responsibility for managing their needs into adult life;
- Develop lively, enquiring minds and have the opportunity to achieve nationally recognised qualifications;
- Communicate effectively and confidently with a range of people in a variety of contexts, including carers;
- Use the Internet safely and with purpose;
- Develop positive attitudes towards healthy lifestyles, promoting activity, creativity and competition through sport and leisure; develop an awareness and appreciation of art, music and the environment.
- Be an active member of society either in work or by using community groups and facilities productively;